Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Finally got some time (and a non-rainy day) to start getting into some of the wood stacked in my trailer. It's been under a tarp for over a week now- it's been raining almost every day- a real rarity around here!

These are a couple of the nice old pine board that made up that collapsed shelf unit- they are heavy and dense, and mostly pretty straight! I'm almost six feet tall, and look how long these things are! I'm gonna be able to make lots of nice things out of them- nine altogether, just like these two. The thing in the middle is my favorite ongoing project, our daughter Kehaulani. My face looks wierder than usual here, because she kept saying "cheeeeeese" and making me laugh :)
This was taken in the alley behind our house- I'm sure the neighbors were wondering what all the hammering was about (was pounding nails out- *lots* of nails!).

No comments: